Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Abstract Art Quilt......Progress



This is the abstract design card

I chose for my first

abstract art quilt composition...









 I enlarged it to 20 x 32 inches.

That is the finished size of the quilt.



I met with my Art Sisters for a critique...


The gray fabric on the right 

didn't sit right with me...

It works....but I think it could be better.



My Art Sisters all agreed...


this fabric works better for this composition.



I returned home, 

ripped off the original gray fabric

and replaced it with the new one.



I removed the pinned on green circles:


It is basted and ready to go....under the needle!





The fabrics are doing all the work 

in this composition.

I chose simple organic lines for the quilting.



The background is quilted.

It is time to put those circles back on there:


My paper enlargement was a big help

with placement of the circles...






The circles are fused down...





I am back at the machine 

to stitch down the circles...





I am using the chicken tracks stitch...

Stitch number 332 on my Bernina Artista 200






I am using an open toe applique foot

Bernina Foot 20






The circle on the left is stitched down...

I need to do the circle on the right...






The applique stitching is complete on the circles.





For the quilting on the circles...

I am just following the shape of the circle

and keeping it organic.






The quilting on the circles is complete.





The machine quilting phase is done.

I need to get this little beauty up to the big board

to get it steamed and blocked

and ready for an edge treatment.

More to Come!





CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,


LuAnn Kessi

4 comments:

  1. LuAnn, I love this process. This is on my to do list! Great little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Your second choice of grey fabric really makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW WOW! What a great piece and I agree with LuAnn...the process you showed is great and almost a mini tutorial!!!!

    ReplyDelete