Monday, February 6, 2017

Floral Monet.....Quilt Top




Last October I pieced half log blocks

while @ a Quilt Retreat in Idaho...



46 half log cabin blocks

Hoffman Floral Fabrics




Here it is February...


they are finally up on the design wall...





The side triangles are all cut and

I am hoping I have enough of that gorgeous

large floral fabric for the borders...




Time to piece this into a quilt top:


I set the blocks on point so I am

piecing diagonal rows...





The blocks are all pieced together.

Time to add the borders...





This is all the large floral border fabric

I have in the whole world...

I am hoping it is enough.






The border is on....the quilt top is done!

I had a 12 x 8 inch piece of border fabric leftover.

I must be living right!



 Our brown beauties are close to calving soon:


Does it show?

First calf is due February 18th.



CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt top! I love that border fabric...it's Spring-y!!!
    Oh babies soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the lovely floral prints remind me of a quilt I made years ago. Yours is lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful.....love the setting and fabric. This just calls my name:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this floral beauty you've created. just gorgeous hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete