Saturday, August 21, 2010

Summer is winding down...


Summer is quickly getting away from us here in Western Oregon

I thought I would share a few photos of the flowers that are still blooming here...


Hollyhocks growing along side the Thread Shed

The Hen House is the little Red building on the right





Painted Metal Bed frames make a great fence to hold up the hollyhocks





Trio of Hollyhocks




Hollyhock Close-Up-View




Hollyhock Detail View




Sweet Peas blooming behind the Thread Shed





Oregon Wheat Field

We stopped by a friends farm last week.
We watched him cut the last of this wheat field.

I picked the Queen Anne's Lace in the foreground of this photo.
I pressed them in a phone book.
I have already sun dyed with them, and will use them this winter for jello printing.
Get your botanicals pressed before winter sets in!

As always, I am happy to share my photography with you.
Please use it in your personal art work if you are so inspired!

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


CLICK HERE to view more of the Thread Shed

CLICK HERE to view my Woven Quilts

CLICK HERE to view what's on the Design Wall


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full of Summer,
LuAnn

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered your blog and am really enjoying it! Your Oregon wheat field makes my heart sing, nothing like a big blue sky. Thank you for all the tips and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete